APPLYING FOR MSc (BY RESEARCH) OR PhD REGISTRATION
If you are interested in registering for a postgraduate degree in Biological Sciences at the University of Cape Town please send us the following information:
- your full CV (include copies of transcripts if available)
- the names and contact details of three referees;
- a one page letter motivating why you want to study at UCT, what your fields of interest are and what degree you wish to register for;
- if known, the name of a potential supervisor in Zoology at UCT and a description of your planned project;
- any funding already available to you in the form of bursaries or self support, and running expenses.
Your application will be assessed by the Biological Sciences Department Board which will meet twice a year (usually in June and December) to assess applications. You will then be notified of the outcome of your application.
NB If successful, the Department will notify you that in principle we are willing to take you on as a postgraduate student. You will then need to apply for acceptance into the University which is subject to formal approval that you meet the entrance requirements of the Faculty of Science. See the Science Faculty website for the application and registration processes.